Chartering a boat for the worlds?

The Freemantle Doctor and a bunch of locals saying "G'day from W.A..."? (well it was in '87...)

Chartering a boat for the worlds?

Postby raynesy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Just trying to cover all bases if all else fails.

Would there be any boats willing to charter?

Carl.
Carl Raynes
GBR 756
raynesy
Keen

Re: Chartering a boat for the worlds?

Postby Bangers » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Carl,

Whilst chartering is still a possibility it is distinctly preferable that we get a number of international boats. I know things are tough but the Australian contingent will soon have contributed may thousands of dollars into Int. Juries, Race fees, Accommodation deals, Transport deals etc. And it's a long trip for us too.

Perth will be a special regatta and hopefully for all the normal reasons and not as the one where there were only 20 boats (all from AUS). We are now only 12 weeks from start time!

Sorry to sound so negative but with all the preparation work going on over here it would be good to hear some enthusiasm from the mother country or wider community.

Cheers,
bangers
Bangers
El championie

Postby raynesy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm

I am trying to drum up support at this end, we have an open event at the weekend so hope to get number finalised then.

I agree that we need as many international boats as possible.
Carl Raynes
GBR 756
raynesy
Keen

Postby leaky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Umm, I'm afraid to confirm that I cannot see more than two pomme teams "available" for the Perth event. You know who they are. I can't see an economic way other than chartering a boat. I'm sorry Bongers, but this is how it's shaping-up, (or "down" as the case may be). :cry:
Leakster...... "Wetness is a reminder of what dryness is".
leaky
the one and only

Return to Worlds '12 - Perth