Gossip?

All over now. Roll on Perth...

Postby Al » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:48 pm

The background is that as part of the lay day bike ride thing, you had to take an amusing photo with a baguette. Scotty and Mike had jumped far too readily at my suuggestion of using it as a "double ender", though we did back out of using our original idea for a location (Chapel St Colomban) as that was stuffed to the rafters due to Mass and we didn't want to be chased by a large mob angry French Catholics, so the photo was taken elsewhere (with amy holding the baguette, and shorts were up)

Richie, lissa, Leaky and Gerry had an idea somewhat similar, but rather took it further. One of them should fill in the details. As it were

*Scotty, Mike, Amy and myself
Al
Fiddling with things

Postby Beezer Snr. » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Al wrote:Richie, lissa, Leaky and Gerry had an idea somewhat similar, but rather took it further.

Ah, the legendary four-ended French baguette.

Mike
Beezer Snr.
El championie

Postby Alan Davis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Rod wrote:If we all can now race and sail to the upper limit of the wind range and perhaps beyond

If the wind speed limit was working (i.e. not measured at 6ft off the water in 6ft waves - which to be 100% fair to the excellent race team was all they could do with what they had) we, as a fleet, would have broken 3 less racks and one less mast. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't have saved that baguette though...
Alan Davis
UK Technical Officer
GBR 787 (Troublegum)
Alan Davis
Trainspotter

Postby RodB » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Can anyone guarantee that no baguettes were broken as a result of B14 lay day activities?
I'm sure that this would contravene european human rights legislation
Given up sailing for a while, and now we paddle about on SUPs
RodB
Enthusiast

Postby Al » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:13 pm

As far as I know Richie's baguette was not broken, but perhaps only thanks to timely outside intervention.

team starcross were apparently rather restrained, instead testing out the possibilities of bread as a building material for a B14. Perhaps that's the answer to the breakages?
Al
Fiddling with things

Postby Beezer Snr. » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Alan Davis wrote:If the wind speed limit was working (i.e. not measured at 6ft off the water in 6ft waves - which to be 100% fair to the excellent race team was all they could do with what they had) we, as a fleet, would have broken 3 less racks and one less mast.

Racks were being broken by the wind? Feck, that's windy.

Mike
Beezer Snr.
El championie

Postby Alan Davis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Beezer Snr. wrote:Feck, that's windy.

You paraphrased most of the fleet there Mr. Bees :shock:
Alan Davis
UK Technical Officer
GBR 787 (Troublegum)
Alan Davis
Trainspotter

Postby Tim Fells » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 am

What's the matter with you bunch of pussy's? Friday's second race was just getting interesting, I can't believe they binned race 3!
Tim
ex 787, 773, 758, 718, 682, 620
Tim Fells
Ex championie

Postby Al » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:43 am

you didn't convince me you meant that in the boat park on Friday, you're not going to convince me now :lol:
Al
Fiddling with things

Postby barnsie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 am

We personally enjoyed the racing on Friday and thought that the last race was great, especially as Paul finished in front of Dave C and Ian C. We were just not fat enough to hold on and finished 4th in race 8.

The RO had to take into account the weather and condition of the fleet and made the right decision about race 9.

However, I'd have loved to have another crack round the track and furthre reduce our score :wink:

Boat left the venue as she arrived with no new parts other than Paul's quick release for the kite halyard and the moving outboard of the kite turning blocks. Detailed maintenance rules 8) .

See you all at the Nats.

Bye for now

Barnsie :lol:

PS apparently slept like a log on Sunday and Monday nights :wink: :wink:
barnsie
quiet and shy

Postby Drew » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 am

Tim,

i agree with what you say about making the wings bomb proof, and carbon boom's surely have to be on the agenda. Personally i dont see any other boats getting around with booms that bend like a b14 boom, that's got to be saying something?

Looks like Perth Dinghy will have to become my new club for the next 18 months!

Cheers
Drew
Drew
Enthusiast

Postby Al » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 pm

(keeping away from the tedious technical stuff- isn't that what the technical section is for)

early on in proccedings, a Mr Watson got to experience the hospitality suite* at the local Gendarmerie station, rather than the hopsitality of the French girl he was supposed to be seeing that night (though apparently with phone finally fixed and not dropped repeatedly, he made up for it the following evening). As far as I know, he was the only arrest, as Richie et al's neighbour didn't phone the cops.
*cells
Al
Fiddling with things

Postby Nick Craig » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:03 pm

I agree with Tim
There is no better boat than a B in 20 knots+ so we need to get out there and sail them in that & somehow get some non breaky wings!
B14 773
Nick Craig
Keen

Postby sophie hunt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 pm

I only heard the Nudist/Leakster baguette story after the fact, but in detail, and definitely will leave it up to them but I can say that the baguette was not harmed in the incident, in fact it was STALE and therefore perhaps had a stronger tensile strength?

(ps we love +20kts)
sophie hunt
Enthusiast

Postby Blackie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:55 pm

I keep saying this...

We have the guy in the class who could solve the problem with the wings in very little time on the PC... A few numbers and I'm sure he could come up with a spec that could be bullet proof...

No wasted expense of sticking your finger in the air (or your arse!!!) and building wings just to see them collapse over the side of the boat at the first opportunity.
B14 - 764 - Admiral Trailers
www.admiraltrailers.co.uk
Blackie
Tent Peg

PreviousNext

Return to Worlds '10 - Carnac