Winners are Grinners

all over now

Winners are Grinners

Postby Fish » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:44 am

Well done Dave and Richie on a great win. Tim and Jonny must feel a little ripped off scoring 4 wins, yet still not taking the chocolates. The venue looks to be great for a World Championship....all ot the Aussies wait for the full venue report to come, although by Bibby and Scotland's results it would appear that the off water refreshement arrangements must be fine!

Also, well done to Alain and Francois for leading the French contingent (and also the Tin Rigs). 10th on your first outing against the Pommy fleet is a super effort. I know that I can speak on behalf of all the Aus crews that we are looking forward to meeting our French friends this time next year.

If we can add a dozen boats from Aus onto the 35 boats at the Europeans we will be chasing the record fleet we had in Hobart.

Well done to all those involved in organising a successful European Championship.

Cheers
Fish
FISH
ex El Presidente
ex AUS357 - Buggar The Bone Racing
Fish
Keen

Postby sophie hunt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:18 am

Here here Fish. Can't wait! Can we please get the twins off the home page though, that photo is hideous.

cheers Sophie
sophie hunt
Enthusiast

Postby whisky » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:04 am

sophie hunt wrote:Here here Fish. Can't wait! Can we please get the twins off the home page though, that photo is hideous.

cheers Sophie

The fact is that those 2 guys broke a carbon wing the first day.
M Barnse did his best (as usual) to find what they needed to fix.
Walter and I gave all what we had (carbon, epoxy) to make the repair.

they just forgot to give us a "thank you". Even in english, it could be ok...
we didn't expect more.
jB
whisky
Keen

Postby whisky » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Just one more word to say that Walter and I (FRA 737 or Macc Bana or 2 red tops) were very happy to participate to our first B14 event.
We found a very great class whith members always ready to give a hand, give you a tip or an advice. (even for Barnsie transom's boat :roll: sorry again about that...).

We learned a lot by watching the other boats and we expect a big event for 2010 in Carnac.
I'm glad about the election of sebastian as the french connection with the class.
jB
whisky
Keen

Postby barnsie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi JB/Walter

Didn't realise Bibby had not thanked you but should be in touch via the forum very soon.

On the French front a very positive progress report and think they will be rattling many cages come next year.

First race and first lap led by FRA 739 with a tin rig. What else can one say and believe it when we say it, they'll be even quicker next year :lol:

Just back home and knackered. Not sleeping under canvas next year but in one of the mobile homes or a hotel :wink:

Barnsie 8)
barnsie
quiet and shy

Postby whisky » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Who is FRA 739???
You talk about FAR 739 :D

sorry richie :wink:
whisky
Keen

Postby Bluey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Yes - well done Dave & Ritchie.

Reads like the racing was really great and will be well worth the effort to get there next year. The boat numbers to fill a container are starting to build. Fingers crossed we can break the Hobart record.

The weather looks great and warmer than Hobart at the moment with snow sitting on the top of Mt Wellington and the wettest winter in 50 years!

French tin rigs at the front of the fleet now there is a worry! :?

Barnsie, how did the boys manage to break a carbon wing? Surely they didn't bank too hard :o And you wouldn't recommend a tent for next year then?

Finally, I agree with Sophie - people with that much hair should not be on the front page.
Stephen Mitchell
Bondi Tram
AUS 355
Bluey
Enthusiast

Postby barnsie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Bluey

They pulled the horns out as we did and the underside of the wing touched the hull. HOwever, the repair is now bomb proof and horns fixed.

Camping should be alright in July but end of August, it was pretty cold at night and so will have a roof over my head next time.

See you in July.

Barnsie :wink:
barnsie
quiet and shy

Postby Bangers » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:37 pm

The wash up sounds pretty good. Well done young Dave and Rich too. Tough luck Antmob, it doesn't get too much closer than that.

Parties must have been great as it appears that ever present English communication machine just dried up or was drowned in the rush to the bar!

Hopefully Scottland put paid to the myth that Aussie sailors prefer water and by the way what have you done with Sara's boy Rhys?

Congrats to the French on a successful Regatta and looking forward to next July.

Cheers,
bangers
Bangers
El championie

Postby Al » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Rhys managed to get a sail on the final day after Dawn came down with something viral, so he grabbed some of the Neil Pryde demo kit and stood in sailing with Cathy on 321 (until it split!)
Al
Fiddling with things

Postby Blackie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Just add my thanks to the French guys in particular for the great (read massive!) trophy and the free barrel of beer. Much appreciated. And of course to everyone who organised it. Many thanks, a really great weekend... :D

Looking forward to going back for the Worlds

Tony

PS. I really do think the Aussies should do the BBQ next time!!!
B14 - 764 - Admiral Trailers
www.admiraltrailers.co.uk
Blackie
Tent Peg

Postby Fish » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 am

Tony,
do the French cook BBQ's like the Cornish?
FISH
ex El Presidente
ex AUS357 - Buggar The Bone Racing
Fish
Keen

Postby Drew » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Fish,
there was a bbq in cornwall?? no one told us!

Haysey and Rich,
congrats guys it has been too long coming, although obviouslly dave is not hitting those guinness' quite as hard as excel a few years back.... disappointing mate! :wink: have to fix that in a years time
Drew
Enthusiast

Postby Stuart McDonnell » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:35 am

all i can say is thank f**k Bibby and Cunningham are off the front page of this thing.....please don't encourage them......
Stuart McDonnell
bass

Postby Alan Davis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:06 pm

No encouragement required Stu... (as you can probably imagine).
Alan Davis
Trainspotter

Return to Neil Pryde Sailing - B14 European Championship